March 2018 Budget Roundup: The Net Worth & Investments
Sherry’s February 2018 Net Worth
Or an increase of…
+$12,577.11 or +1.95%
Stock markets are down, my spending was up (omg), but my net worth still went up anyway thanks to my day job.
This is what it looks like:
- Stock market still not doing well — If we head into a bear market, I read or heard somewhere that this is good news for me in MY retirement years because the market will have time to recover & be golden in my golden years
- I’m stockpiling cash for the next year or so, getting ready to hibernate career-wise, so to speak. I need to ride out the next year or so if I am not going to (be able to) work.
Now for everyone’s favourite Little Bun:
Little Bun’s February 2018 Net Worth
Or an increase of…
+$430.07 or +1.79%
The increase is mostly from the money from the government because the stock market is down for EVERYONE, but at least it is holding steady — this is how I invest his money in the stock market.
DIVIDENDS FOR THE PREVIOUS MONTH
My statements are all a month behind (am too lazy to go line by line and calculate it myself transactionally), so I will always be a month behind in this regard.
Last month, I earned a little over $200 in dividends. I am focusing a little more on this, this year, but only after I settle out what I will / won’t be earning in the next year or so.
IF I GET EXTENDED….
I will drop about $30,000 into the stock market from my emergency fund, if I get extended until the end of this year.
Otherwise, it’s time to hoard my money like a deranged squirrel, and to live off it, slowly picking off dollar bills from a big roll here and there as the days tick on…. 😛
Then, I will also spend WAY more time thrifting, re-selling and dusting off that side business I had while I was off with Little Bun before.
I’ve gots.. planz.
ON MY TO DO LIST…
I actually did calculate a more current look / view into how much I have earned since I started working professionally.
Some highlights from the post:
- Total income thus far: $1,048,040.27 – OVER A MILLION!!
- My average salary is: $86,643.54 – Surprising or what?!?
- I have more than 7X my average salary saved – this number makes me <3
Read more about it here: How much money I’ve made since I have started working