Is there any fashion trend you’ve refused to participate in and why?
Oh yeah. Lots of them.
- Facial decoration — I remember when bindis were in, stylishly pushed by Gwen Stefani of No Doubt at the time; I was on the fence about it being culturally inappropriate and rude, and also being subversive in an alternate style kind of way. Either way, I didn’t do it.
- Anything to do with bras as outfits — even at the beach I don’t wear a bikini even though I have the body for it.
- Harem pants — for obvious reasons. Surprisingly enough, I STILL don’t want to look like I have a diapered crotch hanging to my knees. Who knew?
- Culottes — you need to wear heels to pull it off and I’d rather wear a full A-line skirt.
- True midi skirts or pants that come to your mid-shin — They look so DOWDY even with heels.
- Platform heels/sandals — I hate looking like my feet are potted.
- Crop tops — Nobody needs to see my stomach, it is not tight & taut and I don’t care.
- Matching sweat wear in bright colours — You know, the colourful kind in velour with words on the butt.
- Rompers — Going to the bathroom quickly with a squirmy toddler is a key Parenting Survival Skill, but oddly enough I think jumpsuits look really stylish and chic.
I am sure there are more but those are my main ones.
WHAT ABOUT YOU?
The entire series can be found here: Women in Clothes Style & Fashion Survey