- Fashion has officially jumped the shark if this is now considered fashion, and these hideous jeans are in style now. Patchwork? Ripped jagged hems? Cropped and flared all at once? What are we, modern century hobos? Ugh. The prices are even worse, click on this link to find out if you dare… and these ones are even uglier if that was possible.
- I recently tried the Nars concealer on in-store, and am about to bite the bullet and buy it. Anyone have some other concealer recommendations to test before I do?
- I didn’t believe the numbers when it comes to raising children but we have spent about $20,000 on Baby Bun so far and he’s barely three. Anyone interested in the financial details? We aren’t even going fancy with this child! We’re trying to keep it cheap & cheerful…so this article on where the children have gone in San Francisco was too familiar.
- I love my Ted Baker Lorili coat in purple (seen here), and am eying the grey version now. Wrap coats are my Kryptonite.
- I want to try this burrito but without the Cheetos dust please.
- Why are these sandals so beautifully out of my price range? I need to try and DIY this ASAP. They even come in a stunning set of fiery shades.
- My favourite podcast at the moment is CBC’s Under the Influence which I listen to with my beloved Bose QuietComfort headphones. They are incredible especially being wireless. I now go around the house, doing dishes, vacuuming, cleaning and all that stuff I HATE while listening to a podcast (on low) and still being able to keep two eyes and two hands on Baby Bun… I have owned the first Bose noise-cancelling headphones that came out years ago and these ones blow all the other brands out of the water. The technology is phenomenal. WORTH EVERY PENNY. Buy it for your favourite mother.
- Kate Spade keeps coming up with the PRETTIEST watches, this one is a gorgeous map of Europe I am tempted (very sorely tempted) to buy. If you want a really colourful statement piece though, this one would do it.
- 10 Things you may not have known about Christian Dior. The wonderfully poignant picture of YSL at the end is worth the click.
- Baby Bun has been OBSESSED with this set of sliceable fruits made from sustainable wood because I cleverly (*pats self on back*) tied in the fruits to reading The Hungry Caterpillar, so now he “cooks” for the Caterpillar…
- I have started getting more white hairs (Baby Bun is probably one of the causes of this stress), and found this short article on trendy white hair interesting. I am still undecided about dying it. I think I am leaning towards not dying it at all and not bothering with the constant, vigilant maintenance of looking youthful even into my 60s. Eff that. Men don’t do it, why should I? Employers are also buying my brain, not my looks, so this is a double bonus to look like a wizened, venerable crone with experience at the office.
- I have been buying refills of Bio-Sil because eating collagen directly does JACK SQUAT for your body & you need to generate it. I have also been buying Bio-K capsules (but eating one capsule every other day to lessen the $$ impact), and have thus far, seen some noticeable improvements. My hair is bouncier, slightly thicker and feels a lot more substantial than before, and with Bio-K I have found my stomach has felt better even when I eat terribly. Has anyone tried these supplements? I’m actually surprised they seem to work.
- Adina’s new closet is the closet of my dreams. I will never achieve that unless I can convince Baby Bun that he has to sleep with us in one room until he moves out of the nest, and I take his room and turn it into a closet 😉
- Has anyone seen and tried out this very stylish Dyson hairdryer? I don’t own one nor plan on buying it, but I am curious if it does any better than other ones.
In Link Love
In the world of Save. Spend. Splurge.
Posted on February 11, 2017