In the world of Save. Spend. Splurge.
What I read this week:
The illusion of choice. There are only a few brands, really.
It isn’t just for food either, I see it for beauty and skincare!
- I am buying a full bottle of this perfume once my samples run out. I LOVE this smell, it is not too sweet and not too strong.
- Thank you, Sam Polk. A man stands up and writes a poignant essay on how “Bro Talk” keeps women down. I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for women because it seems like we are the only ones who are being vocal about how wrong it is, and it is falling on deaf ears. These are the new words to use to describe all of it: Manstanding, Manterrupting, and Bropropriating, in case you need to use it next time.
- This graphic tee is simple and rather cute. Would look good under a blazer.
- This interview with Marian about the evolution of designer brands like Hermès, Chanel, etc, was fascinating.
- What a comfortable, knitted, wonderful looking pencil skirt.
- I’ve always taped my toes when wearing new heels, but this doesn’t look good with heeled sandals. My real trick is to wear really comfortable (thrifted) LEATHER ONLY heels (Manolo Blahniks in 90mm) that fit my feet perfectly, not cheap ones.
- I am loving my bucket leather bag so much that I am eying another. Particularly this one.
- Women are also keeping other women down, just read about how this female boss handled a pregnancy.
- The perfect tote for outdoor farmer’s market shopping. Only $5.
- This is a funny animal comic about cuddling. I sometimes cuddle with Baby Bun and he lies on my arm which makes it go numb, but I keep cuddling him anyway because he is only so young and snuggly for so long. Sometimes he even reaches out and holds my hand while we sleep, like otters, and his preferred pillow is Mommy.
- What a whacky silk shirt print.. it’s so whacky it is cool.
- I don’t dress like The Good Wife but I still enjoyed seeing their conservative but interesting work outfits. Their sheath dresses in particular were divine.
- I love my saddlebag so much that I’d replace the bag if it dies with this one.
P.S. Love these link roundups? Here’s more of them from previous weeks.