In the world of Save. Spend. Splurge.
What I liked this week:
- Is the Disney Princess culture hurting your girls and boys?
- I am also a huge fan of wearing a wide brimmed hat along with sunscreen to avoid looking older, so this straw hat fits the bill for me, and only $22.
- What to do if you win the lottery. My takeaway (not that I play at all) is to put the money in the name of a trust you control, rather than your name so that you can preserve some anonymity.
- A stunner of a floral sheath dress if I ever saw one for under $50 but this cobalt blue maxi for $70 steals the show for me, along with this cobalt blue one too.
- Men & their work-life balance. “Your kids are only young once, and you can’t get that moment back. If I have any regrets it’s that one,” How telling. It affects men too, but in that case, why aren’t they fighting harder for the same change alongside women? Enact the change from up top and encourage men to see it as their problem too instead of pigeonholing it as a women’s only issue.
- I loved this CIA secret life interview. She is finally saying what I have been thinking about all this needless fighting in the world, particularly the constant fighting with the Middle East. Maybe the answer to peace is to listen.
- Oh to be a flapper again. I would be all over this dress if I had an occasion to wear it to, and this cobalt blue sheath number looks very work appropriate.
- Has anyone heard of this? Ellevest looks interesting for women who want a financial advisor (the fees are pretty low too). This is of course a service and will NOT be cheaper than if you manage your own portfolio with index funds though. Interested in doing it yourself? Here’s my Guide to Your Money which is Canadian-focused but still holds basic investing info.
- These sandals that lace up look very walkable and comfortable..
- Like.. WHOA. This ballet dancer is incredible. [Video below]