In the world of Save. Spend. Splurge.
What I liked this week:
- How to dress like The Good Wife [click on the first Google link to bypass the paywall] (one of my favourite series, even if the plot has floundered lately). I am taking a few tips to heart like peplum jackets, and to peg the hems on my straight-length pencil skirts to give it more of a sleek, feminine shape.
- I love this cognac saddle bag.. and it’s vegan.
- An excellent post featuring Tim Stobbs over at the Globe & Mail talking about retirement at 40… He has excellent tips if it interests you. I myself plan on feeling secure once I have $1,000,000 in cash in the bank and a condo paid for completely (taxes & fees for upkeep not included). My partner feels the same way, so we’re in good shape.
- I just picked up this STUNNING handmade dress of viscose chiffon & cotton lining for a wedding this summer. You can see it on me on Instagram here, here and here. I took the XS, am 5’6″ wearing 4″ heels and will need to probably adjust the hem in front & the bust a little.
- I totally live in a bubble. I scored 31 on this quiz. I have had brushes with people in poverty or living in poverty, and I have lived in some of these trailer park areas for short periods of time, but I am totally bubbled.
- This tuxedo blazer with faux leather trim for only $90 is really stunning.
- Speaking of scoring on quizzes, this news story about an Ivy league professor scribbling some math being suspected of being a terrorist was shocking.
- These linen blend pants (that won’t wrinkle terribly) look terrible in photos on the model, but are actually very comfortable and super soft. Great for the summer.
- This is absolutely why I don’t bother with Air Miles any more.
- I am such a sucker for gorgeous cuff bracelets. I actually own this reclaimed gingko metal one and am seriously lusting after this one.
- Traveling? Here are 13 things your pilot won’t tell you. I will be sitting near the wing from now on, wiping down the pull-down table and buttons & wearing sturdy shoes while traveling with my little ‘crumb cruncher’. Not only that, I will try to control my propensity to have air rage if there is a first-class cabin to walk through.
- Also, if you need to travel, I love Tilley hats. They’re comfortable, stylish for traveling (I think) and will keep your head shaded & cool as possible.
- Small space tips from interior decorators. Less furniture, neutral colours, and smaller scaled items are better for a small space. Fit what you love in the space (a huge couch) and get rid of the matching end tables and lamps to make it work.
- Jackie Kennedy / Onassis and her sister Lee Radziwill. What a tragic family history. Money really doesn’t buy happiness.
- I love The Humans of NY covering The Met Gala (check out the gorgeous dresses in the background too!)
- This video made me laugh so hard. I love these Daddy + Baby stories.