In the world of Save. Spend. Splurge.: Where this professor rocks
What I liked this week:
- This is so sweet and so darling, I could cry. Compassion and understanding only breeds more of it. If you don’t believe that, remember that you choose the wolf you feed.
- These pumps are not only masculine + feminine chic, they are VERY comfortable at 3.5″ and wearable.
- My new phrase: “You worked hard on that, Baby Bun“…. I am not going to praise how cute he is or how big he is any more, even though he is. Focus on his GROWTH. Speaking of growth, I love Revanche’s LB updates. ADORABLE. All the baby cackling, suckerfish kissing… *melts*
- For $50, these flats are the perfect replacement for my now discontinued so far PERFECT Ashley flats. I got rid of the hideous charm but otherwise it’s great. It is almost sold out, here’s another version of it. I haven’t tried these ones yet, but they are also a possibility except I hate the elastic.
- Oh and R hits it out of the park with this post on income & self worth.
- This.. drapey trench. I’m really into draped trenches now.
- I am absolutely a type A, point-out-that-typo and get-mad-when-I-make-one person. This makes me conscientious and a jackass. I’ll take it.
- Wow. WOW. I think this sandal is just beyond gorgeous. I love the tie, and it comes in this sexy metallic!
- Am I even in this age group? Apparently so but I feel so much older.
- I love me a good cognac hobo bag.
- We can debate for hours about why women leave jobs, but this one has the perfect 3 reasons on how to keep female employees around, longer.
- These nude heels look great for work and these flats would be incredible as their counterpart.
- A look behind the brand Baublebar that everyone is obsessed with. Everyone but me…. that is. At least, not yet.
- I sort of want this brooch. I think Adina’s style is rubbing off on me. This particular brooch is so old world chic.
- I guess this is what I need to pay attention to: The pitch of a high heel, except I just always take Manolos in a size 37 with a 90mm or 3.5″ heel. Their pitch and heel height are always perfect.
- Such an easy, EASY look for summer — a striped midi dress, paired with a straw hat of course, and a very simple little knotted bracelet in gold.
- I am surprised that Pandora made it to this list of ‘mid-market name brands’ experiencing phenomenal growth. WTF is Pandora, except in a Greek myth to me? Charm bracelets? WHO IS WEARING THIS STUFF!?
- I like how unique this watch is with the numbers written out as words instead.
When I still watched TV with real commercials, I would openly and loudly boo Pandora. I hate charm bracelets and the BS marketing tactics they use totally made me hate them more 🙂
Thanks for the links!
I can’t STAND Pandora, and Thomas Sabo is a similar brand – when I was in Paris most recently, I wanted to replace the non silver one I’d had. My, the number of times I got directed to the tatt! Where was a decent jeweller with real silver!
The shirting material heels – they’d get ruined with me! For sure!
Pandora is the absolute epitome of “special snowflake” syndrome. As in : “I will buy these charms because I have an unique personality that needs to be expressed by having an assorted line of sparkly things. And look, as I go through life and things happen, I can add even more sparkly things to forever remember them. Because those things happened to me and nobody else ever experienced anything similar”. Except the other suckers who bought the exact same charm, because really, almost everyone who goes to Paris also sees the Eiffel tower. (There is an Eiffel tower Pandora charm).
I might be extra snarky today because I have low blood sugar, but I do believe that the things that are extra, super special in our lives don’t get any more special because we added a piece of metal to our writsts. And I believe that we have no trouble remebering our really good moments, because they were good moments. Pandora is really a way for middle class women to brag to each other: of all the amazing adventures they have seen. Also, to give their husbands a ready made gift idea. And they are expensive as hell, as they are not made of gold or silver (for most them). The ones that are made of gold or silver are super expensive.
Haha! I’ll take that as a compliment 😉
Brooches are underrated at the moment, but they’re bound to make a comeback at some point. As a certified magpie, I can’t resist all that concentrated sparkliness.
Ok, I guess I’m the outsider that actually owns and wears a Pandora bracelet. It’s not something I picked out for myself, but something that my dad picked out for my mom and me several years ago. He likes to give us a charm to represent every country we’ve traveled to. For instance, we each have an Eidelweis charm for our trip to Austria. The charm reminds us of a funny story we heard while there that most non-Austrians presume that the Eidelweis song from the Sound of Music is the national anthem, but most Austrian natives have never heard it before. We’ve traveled to some off the beaten path places and enjoy finding charms that represent them. Oh and both my bracelets and charms are stamped sterling silver. I might be basic, but my travels are anything but.