1. If you could change something about yourself, what it be and why?
My very quick temper.
2. What’s the farthest you’ve been from home?
Does Singapore count? That was a longggg flight (about 24 hours of flying).
3. What is your motto?
Nothing is permanent. This too shall pass.
4. What are your hobbies?
Aside from blogging about money, style and life?
I travel, read a lot and am slightly obsessed with the foodie world but am lousy (read: lazy) at cooking anything, so I’d rather pay for it.
I also like doing yoga, but it is not something I’m fanatic about.
5. What is your favourite ice cream flavour?
Pistachio ice-cream from Maison Berthillon in Paris.
(I know that is really specific but it’s true)
Otherwise, Haagen-Dazs makes a very delicious vanilla, or Ben and Jerry’s has a nice Pistachio ice cream as well.
6. What two things could you not do when you were a child, but you can do now?
1. Eat cake for breakfast.
2. Buy whatever I want, when I want.
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world – where would you go and why?
I traveled the world in 2011 and went everywhere I pretty much wanted to go, except for Japan because the tsunami hit 2 weeks before we were about to book our tickets and go.
I’m a bit paranoid about the radiation (I know no one else is, all my friends are still going), so it is on my list to go in about 20 years.
8. Have you ever met a famous person?
Does Preet Banerjee count? I see him on TV sometimes and he is a super nice guy in real life.
If not, how about seeing Rod Stewart on the plane once in first class from Miami to New York City in 2012?
9. What is your least favourite thing about yourself?
Didn’t I already mention this!? My quick temper!!!
(See.. I told you.)
10. One word that describes you?
11. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be & why?
I’ve always liked red, but not those nasty kinds of brick or odd shades of reds.
I want to be a deep, ruby, crimson red.
12. What is the weather like right now where you are?
-2 celsius (28.4 F) with lots of wet snow.
13. How tall are you?
14. When you were little – what did you want to do “when you grew up?”
Be a teacher. I’ve since realized I have almost no patience so this was not a good career choice.
15. Toilet paper. Roll with paper coming off the top or bottom?
Off the top.
When it’s off the bottom it’s just annoying to try and catch the paper to pull it, or it ends up reaching the floor or being stuck against the wall.
Someone, anyone, PLEASE explain to me how that’s a better option if it rolls off from the bottom.
16. Favourite sport you like to watch or participate in?
I like watching soccer (only the big games like the World Cup), but am useless at playing sports.
17. What kind of food do you prefer eating when you are out?
Tasty food that is well made and not too expensive.
If you must have specifics, I really like foie gras, chicken fettucine alfredo pasta, vietnamese noodle pho, japanese ramen and burritos.
18. Last movie you watched?
That I can remember and liked? Le Petit Nicolas.
19. Would you like to be famous?
20. What book are you reading?
What am I NOT reading these days?
At this very moment, I am reading:
21. If you had $5 million to spend in 5 days, but with the clause you could not spend any of it on yourself or your family, what would you do with it?
Go around observing people in the city, and randomly hand out $100,000 cheques to good people who do altruistic things for others around them without having expected anything in return.
22. If you knew that you could try any kind of work/employment and that you would not fail, what would you attempt doing?
I’m stumped on this one.
I think I’d want to try my hand at something to do with fashion, like creating my own clothing line.