Getting to Know Me Better: My Habits and Routines
1. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Run bleary-eyed and feed Baby Bun because that’s probably who’s waking me up.
2. What do you eat for breakfast?
Oatmeal or sometimes whatever is in the fridge even if it’s super savoury.
I don’t really have a preference for breakfast as long as the food is hot.
3. What’s your go-to weeknight meal?
Soba noodles with whatever protein and vegetables are in the fridge.
Sometimes just a baguette with some cheese if I wanted a treat.
4. Do you do any kind of journaling or memory keeping?
No, this blog is it.
I did keep a Baby Journal for Baby Bun before he arrived (during my pregnancy) but I stopped because sleep deprivation sunk in after he was born and I had no more energy or brainpower to continue.
5. How do you fix your coffee, or do you prefer tea (or neither)?
Tea! I like it with a little sugar or honey and a little milk if it needs it (e.g. black tea).
6. What’s the last good book you read?
Anne Bishop – Written in Red
She is one of my all-time favourite authors. She can pretty much do no wrong and write nothing that I am not immediately drawn into and engrossed in until I can’t sleep or eat without finishing the book.
7. If you had a day all to yourself with no schedule, how would you spend it?
Head to a spa for a serious deep tissue massage and facial.
Go out for a delicious meal where I get all dressed up.
Talk to BF and watch TV documentaries about food / travel until we pass out.
(Oh and Baby Bun would be a model baby during all of this, not crying AT ALL, taking naps, and going to bed right when he should without a fuss.)
8. What are three things on your life list?
- Have another child or two
- Save $1 million just to have it in my bank account
- Visit Japan
9. When you really need to relax or de-stress, where do you go and what do you do?
I nap, then have a cup of tea when I wake up. It’s the best de-stresser.
10. What’s on your nightstand?
My iPod Touch which serves as my alarm to remind me to wake up to pump milk, and some lip balm.
11. What’s the last thing you do before you go to sleep?
Pump milk and prepare Baby Bun’s next feed.
12. What movie could you watch over and over again and not get tired of?
2 Days in Paris
13. What’s your favourite summertime drink? (Boozy or not!)
Watermelon juice or sugarcane juice.
14. What would the exterior of your dream house look like?
A modern-style condo with a huge wraparound private patio attached to my apartment.
15. What is the craziest food you’ve dared to eat?
Pig’s trotters. I really don’t like it though, but it’s one of BF’s favourite’s meals.
What I do like is tripe, oxtail and the tendons especially in Vietnamese pho.
16. Are you a sun worshiper or shade-seeker?
Shade seeker. I hate being in the sun.
17. If you have $1,000,000 to donate to any cause that you wanted, which would it be?
I’d give random money to unsuspecting strangers who do good deeds.
18. What song do you currently find yourself singing along to at the top of your lungs while in the car?
Katy Perry – Roar
19. It’s date night: Where do you and your significant other go for dinner? (If you’re single – what’s your favourite dinner spot?)
What the heck is date night? This does not exist in our relationship.
BF would probably cook something French to eat at home.
20. If practicality (and money) wasn’t an issue, what kind of vehicle would you love to own?
21. Company is coming over for dinner – what’s your go-to meal to impress your guests
BF’s cooking.. specifically homemade pizza and osso bucco (no wait, oxtail!) with a tarte tatin or Japanese cheesecake dessert.