Then check out this chart by Expatistan:
And just because I’m a geek, here are some highlights / points:
- Canada debuts with Toronto at #32
- Montreal, Canada is in spot #75 with a Price Index of 151, just above Berlin, Germany but below Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Victoria and Halifax!!! — Guess I am picking the right place to live, eh?
- 5 U.S. cities are in between #1 and Toronto (NYC, San Francisco, Honolulu, Washington D.C. and Boston)
- Paris shows up in spot #8 below Singapore
- Switzerland has the dubious honour of having 3 cities in the top 10 (Geneva, Zurich, and Lausanne)
- Australia first appears on the list at #11 with Sydney and then it goes downhill (uphill?) from there with Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, and Canberra all having higher costs of living than Toronto
- New Zealand debuts on the list at #28 with Wellington
This is just a short list until Canada makes it on there at #32. You can see a much longer, larger list over at Expatistan.