A bleak $$ account of what stressed out shopping does to you
This is the damage that happened this month in shopping alone with notes.
ALL THE ‘WHAT I BOUGHT’ POSTS
- The Travel Edition (Part One)
- The End of the Month Edition (Part Two)
- The End of Vacation Edition (Part Three)
Yes. I shopped SO MUCH, I created THREE shopping posts out of it. :-\
APPS FOR LITTLE BUN – $107.96
- Apple Apps (Various Animal Math x 2)- $25.28
- Apple Apps (Endless Numbers, Endless Reader, Endless Wordplay) – $82.68
These are math and reading apps. He hassled me all day for them, I buy the apps and then he only plays with them for 2 days. ARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH..
I have put my foot down on new app purchases and told him to SUCK IT UP or else I’ll delete it ALL.
CLOTHING = $3752.35 with returns pending
Banana Republic – $1291.67 – Returned a chunk
- Banana Republic Laser Cut Midi Skirt – $100.03 – KEPT
- Banana Republic Linen Dress – $85.37 –KEPT
- Banana Republic Ribbed Dresses – $142.57 – RETURNED ALL
- Banana Republic Petite Trench Dress – $91.98 –KEPT
- Banana Republic Ponte Skirts – $327.68 – KEPT Sunset Red Skirt (Orange) only
- Banana Republic Red Rouched Dress – $256.62 – RETURNED ALL
- Banana Republic Flounced top, Yellow top, Quinn Eyelet – $135.65 – RETURNED ALL except 1 Yellow Top
- Banana Republic Moto Leggings – $151.77 – RETURNED ALL
Others – $1049.96 – Returned a good chunk
- Anthropologie 3 shirts & pants – $280.92 – RETURNED ALL EXCEPT 1 Marble Top
- J. Crew Two Bodysuits – $110.28 – RETURNED ALL
- J. Crew Tipped Shirtdress – $127.76 –KEPT
- Huma Blanco Flats – $206 – Pending receipt……I’m sad they didn’t have my silver flats, so I got caramel metallic instead, but definite keep.
- Greek Sandals x 2 – $216 – Pending receipt…
- Red Culottes – $34 – KEPT
- Blue striped Shirt – $25 – KEPT
- 2 X Shirts for Mom – $50 –KEPT AS GIFTS
Ebay – $554.41
- Ebay MM Lafleur Davis Ink Blot Top and Halston Dress – $178.58 KEPT
- Ebay Black Rosefield Bowery watch – $56.73 KEPT
- Ebay Manolo Blahnik Black Strappy Sandals $114.68 KEPT
- Ebay MM Lafleur Boysenberry Fey Top – $100.45 KEPT
- Ebay Cosabella Beige Cropped Camisole – $103.66 KEPT
Etsy – $856.31
- Etsy Vintage pansy dress and navy blue dress $117.79 – They look muy expensive… Pending receipt…
- Etsy Vintage sandals, polkadot jumpsuit, white linen skirt, $285.21 – These are exciting for me as well Pending receipt…
- Etsy Cashmere ponchos $261.78 – They look so COSY! Pending receipt…
- Etsy Cotton One Sleeve Top – $106.75 – Unlikely return, it’s a custom made cotton top KEPT
- Etsy 2 neck pillows – $84.78 – One is for Little Bun, the other for me Pending receipt…
NON-CLOTHING PURCHASES – $128.27
- Coco & Eve Hair Mask – $99.90 – Half is for a friend (there are 2 in a pack), this is supposed to change our hair… Pending receipt…
- Amazon Therapik for bug bites – $28.37 – I owned one and lost it. This thing actually works. Pending receipt…
- Amazon Dollywink Eyeliner – $0 – Got a free gift card from work, so this was FREEEEEEE (normally $20) LOVE, KEPT
A FEW NOTES TO NOT JUDGE ME TOO HARSHLY…
It really isn’t that bad… (she says, nervously, justifying her shopping)….
I am considering $1500 I would have gladly paid to leave my vacation early
NO JOKE. I was researching in the middle of my vacation how much it would cost to fly back to Canada and break the vacation early.
The amount came up to $1500 and I said:
I will pay the entire $1500 amount to leave NOW to go back home.
My partner and I fought for the next 2 days, and in the end, we stayed, so I am COUNTING that $1500 “budget” to leave my vacation as part of my stress relief, if that makes any sense.
So that $1500? A write off for me.
A small amount of $200 are actually gifts
For my mother. I bought four shirts for her that I know she will enjoy wearing and like.
So there’s that.
About $1000 of returns are in order
A lot of what I got from some stores were because of the sales. What I ordered are not typically my sizes, AND I did order multiples in various sizes to ‘try out’ the fit of each piece.
I have been using Ebates Canada and my cash-back card
Okay, so it is about time I jumped on board with Ebates Canada now that they are part of Rakuten (FINALLY) and my referral code is here if you want free money….. and my card gives me 2% back, so $80 back is not too bad.
Some money came in this month too about $411.17
Can you believe it? I earned some “passive” blog income of about $411.17 while I was away. Have yet to do my budget roundup.
I have pending sales of about $150 happening
People are contacting me and I have about another $150 coming in from sales of secondhand items and language books Little Bun doesn’t read any more… So that isn’t so bad.
..and I worked full-time, so another $20,000 in my pocket
Plus I worked full time. So that wasn’t so bad. I staved off a bit of boredom, hid out in a room away from everyone, and made another $20,000.