October 2014 Budget Roundup = $255,644.35 or an increase of +$27,131.76 or 11.87%
#SORRYNOTSORRY BUT CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE!
Everyone is getting engaged or having babies! It’s that time of our lives.
I’m really REALLY pleased for all of you. I read the posts and plan on leaving a comment and congratulating you but … this has not been a priority as of late (sorry.. sorry!)
I haven’t been as active on the social media sites or what have you but between my full-time career, a full-time baby and this other virtual full-time baby (the blog), I have not had time to comment and do much above and beyond just replying to comments on my blog.
It’s a damn good thing I have posts scheduled until February 2017. THANK GOODNESS.
If not this blog would fall by the wayside too.
That said, ANYONE (bloggers, readers, who have you) who wants advice or just a sounding board for anything… contact me.
I’m available more via email than I am via any other medium.
OXYCLEAN? AMAZING PRODUCT
I accidentally washed a bright purple shirt that dyed all my whites a light pink and Oxyclean, soaking for 6 hours, TOTALLY GOT IT ALL OUT.
INCOME = $23,077.71
I still owe taxes on this gross amount, yadda yadda but it’s nice to see a healthy 5-figure income come back into my budget roundups again.
*tears of joy*
In case you’re wondering about the job:
- I work a very flexible 35 hour work week and leave early on Fridays because I can.
- No, I will not tell you what I do for a living.
- No REALLY. I am not going to tell you what I do. I’m a consultant.
- …and no, I am not an adult entertainer, consort or anything to do with the sex industry. Seriously folks, women can and do pull in the big bucks without selling their bodies.
EXPENSES = $3155.78
TOP 5 CATEGORIES OF SPENDING
SAVED: ON GROCERIES
With that Canadian price scanning policy, we’ve been getting a lot of free stuff lately!
SPENT: MY FINAL PAYMENTS FOR MY TEETH
I am getting that damn wire put on and I am never wearing braces again. NEVER. EVER.
SPLURGED: ON CLOTHES.. BUT THIS IS THE LAST TIME I PROMISE
Seriously. I promise.
I will not be buying clothes any more this year, it’s too cold to go shopping now.
A QUARTER OF A MILLION REACHED AS MY NET WORTH
NET WORTH: $255,644.35 or an increase of +$27,131.76 or +11.87%
Goddamn the markets have taken a dive.
I lost a good $10,000 just in a day or two. *sigh*
The key is not to realize those losses of course, by withdrawing or selling in a panic.
*stays the course of index funds*
Update at the end of the month: Glad I didn’t sell because my investments went back up after this little dip.
This is my trailing net worth from the past year. It’s been pretty stagnant until now.
BABY BUN’S NET WORTH: $4532.67
Baby Bun is killing it and I couldn’t be prouder.
Of course, it is easy when he has no expenses though because Mommy and Daddy are taking care of that.
DIVIDENDS REVIEW: $486.79 made last month
MY 5 FAVOURITE POSTS FROM THIS MONTH:
- Spending money still makes me feel rich
- Why a car is a non-essential luxury
- Top designer resale shops in Toronto
- Top designer resale shops in Montreal
- Round 3: More observations from a new parent and mother
BEST BLOG FEATURES FROM THIS MONTH:
- Money Propeller and my interview!
- PK. Always lots of link love from PK!
- Fig and the books that affected me and wants versus needs
- Revanche over at A Gai Shan Life sees me getting close to quarter of a million
- My First Dime has been going through my PF book list
I want to hit $300,000 in my net worth by the end of this year but this is a stretch.