In the world of Save. Spend. Splurge.
THIS is minimalist. It’s a little too austere for me though. I mean, we go far and are minimalist, but not to the point where we don’t have a vacuum or more than one set of spoons, knives & forks 🙂 I mean I agree that less stuff and furniture means more space to stretch out but.. We don’t go this far. H/T to AP.
- I own these Stellato flats in navy blue and they are gorgeous. Well worth the $$$$, comfortable, made in Italy & like a designer shoe but for half the price. If you’re looking for a pair of flats that are less like loafers, these Fortuna flats are more feminine in style, but I’m sort of intrigued by the cut of these pointed flats in suede.
- Ever since I started making vegan burgers with my recipe here, I have been using our beloved Vitamix blender perfect for green smoothies (Green Apple Crisp Coconut Smoothie recipe here), but what I really need is a good food processor because doing each vegetable individually is very time consuming. I found this Magimix one, which is 16-cups and is also the same company of Robot Coupe (professional food processors). Any experience from anyone for this stuff? Is it really worth it? Maximum 16-cup size or is 12-cups enough?
- Where’s the American dream? I heard the same thing on the radio as well and it was what prompted my post on how much healthcare costs in Canada.
- This Amope Pedi rechargeable, electronic foot file is incredible, works wet/dry and has saved my feet. I have the battery one, and I want this one instead.
- I was listening to The New Yorker Podcast, and the part about the asylum in New York and the story of the father taking a risk to just get a blurry glimpse of his son in Canada made me cry.
- My e-reader is a real workhorse but I feel like I want something thinner and bigger. Has anyone tried a Kindle e-reader? Do you love it?
- Stats Canada states some interesting facts that more women have entered the work force but experience more work interruptions and earn $0.87 to every $1 of a man. Some of it HAS to do with that fact that less than 25% of women are in STEM (Science, Tech, Engineering, Math) professions which means lower pay, but also that I suspect we have a bias against us in such professions as well.
- Found Cord Tacos to organize your cables and cords for super cheap here, only $5 each rather than almost $8 each with a brand name.
- I LOVED reading Cassie’s post on what she uses as skincare because while I am a diehard Paula’s Choice skincare fan, I still am very beauty-curious about other things that could be better in terms of makeup.
- I found it. A No logo, simple, chic, leather satchel that is a dead ringer for the one I got in Paris. It looks a lot like the Original Cambridge Satchel though, no, but the Cambridge one is $30 more…
- Melbourne is paving the way by changing the walking man signal to walking women as well to fight gender bias. Thoughts? I agree that our subconscious and our culture always defaults to “he” and “man” which does seem to colour how we view things.
- There is nothing basic about this stylish striped midi dress. I can totally imagine this with flats, sneakers, heels, and/or blazers or leather jackets thrown over it.
- Kat’s closet is heavenly eye candy because… I wish I had the same space for such beauty. The good news is that I am slowly culling through my wardrobe with a critical and steady eye, and starting to throw out things I should not be hoarding (e.g. packaging material, boxes, papers, etc).
- Does anyone have a Kindle? Can you tell me whether you love it or not? I feel like my e-reader is about to bite the dust and I am wondering if I should flip to another brand completely.
- 4 Self-Defense moves every woman should know. They seem pretty easy to master but I need to start practicing. I have been having recurring nightmares of being attacked while out with Baby Bun, and it is stressing me out.
- This desktop organizer in solid concrete would be something I would buy if I had a dedicated office space all to myself. I love the little cacti on top.